Please copy the topics below, erase my answers and put yours in their place, and then post it in your journal! Please elaborate on the questions that would benefit from elaboration. One-Word-Answers seldom help anyone out.
FIRST NAME: Fabio Paolo
LOCATION: South Ruislip, London, England
PARTNER: None ever.
KIDS: (Hysterical laughter).
BROTHERS/SISTERS: 1 brother, 1 sister, 1 half-sister.
PETS:Never had one in my life, don't intend to start now.
3-5 BIGGEST THINGS GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE:
1) Franco Urru, my closest friend since I was 18 has died, an immense grief with many ramifications. (E.G., he died of lung cancer after a lifelong twenty-a-day habit, which has hardened my already negative attitude for smoking. I had been begging him for thirty years to lay off those things.) He was a source of light and laughter in my life, and I can never remember him without a bright smile on his face. It is also atrociously unfair that he should have died so early, when, after a lifetime spent in hope, he had finally managed to build a solid international reputation as the great cartoonist he was.
2) Since last spring I have been treated for a long-term wound in my lower left calf, which, if untreated, could have gone on bleeding and stinking for ever. The plumbing in that part of the human body is rather badly designed, apparently, and can spring incurable leaks for no apparent reason. The treatment is now nearing its end, but I will have to wear special stockings for the rest of my life.
3) I have started seriously trying to do something about my severe overweight problem, which had got much worse over the last couple of years. Results thus far mediocre, but at least I have stopped ballooning. The Christmas holidays don't help.
4) I am working on an extended essay on Homer and a book on the fraudulent peace of 1918-1923. Both are late and the computer seems to have declared war on the Homer.
5) Over the last couple of years I have got to know my half-sister, a fascinating person, both like and extraordinarily unlike me in every way. Before we got in touch via Facebook, I had only met her once, decades ago.
PARENTS: Both in remarkable shape for their years. My father, class 1938, is working on setting up a fashion company, with my occasional help and support. My mother, born 1945, has just been retired - over her own objections - from her post in one of Italy's highest courts, the Council of State, and is developing new interests - and learning to use the internet - to compensate.
Hobbies: maybe I should develop one or two.
Repost at will.